“The library connects us with the insight and knowledge, painfully extracted from Nature, of the greatest minds that ever were, with the best teachers, drawn from the entire planet and from all our history, to instruct us without tiring and to inspire us to make our own contribution to the collective knowledge of the human species.”—Carl Sagan Cosmos
College library known as Knowledge Centre, built in the memory of Lala Lajpat Rai, can legitimately be proud to have shaped the carriers of thousands of young men and women. It came into existence in 1918 and is the store house of knowledge.Under the able and visionary stewardship of Principals and Librarians,it has progressed to be one of the richest, two storied, spacious, digital,automated and multimedia knowledge centre of this region.
Our library is the only library in the region to provide web based OPAC. Click here to search a book in the library.
|Sh. Naveen Saini|
Distinctive Features of the Library:
- The Library has more than two lakhs text and reference books on various subjects.
- It has a large number of CD’s, DVD’s and multimedia aids.
- It has numerous types of Encyclopaedias, ancient scriptures, manuscripts and rare collections of books and writings on Indian religion, culture, history and philosophy.
- It has recently added ‘e-resource lab’ for readers.
- Library subscribes to 93 periodicals of National and International Repute and 24 Newspapers.
- The previous volumes of The Tribune, Indian Express and The Economic Times are available since 1970.
- The Library remains open from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM on all working days.
- The Library has a ‘Book Bank Section’. The meritorious and needy students can get the books from this section for the whole session.
- More than 400 students visit the library daily.
- More than 200 books are issued and returned every day.
- Library is equipped with latest Software to provide an efficient service and scholar friendly atmosphere.
- It is eveready to meet the E-challenges.
- Library is a proud member of DELNET (Developing Library Network). The members of the Library can access to its database by logging in at www.delnet.nic.in. It provides Union Catalogue of Books – CCF, Union List of Current Periodicals, Database of Periodical Articles, CD-ROM Database, Union List of Video Recordings, Sound Recordings, Database of Theses and Dissertations, Database of E-books etc. DELNET also provides access to full text Medical Journals, Engineering and Technology E-Journals, Cambridge Dictionary online, US patent full text. It also offers inter-library loan and document delivery services to its member libraries. The requests can be registered on-line.
- Library is also a member of (INFLIBNET)Information & Library Network Centre.The members of Library can logging in at www.nlist.inflibnet.ac.in and can access to more than 3000 E-Journals, 75000 E-Books and other e-resources.
Besides above, the following services are available for the readers:
- Bibliographic Services
- Reference Service
- Book Alert Service
- CAS / SDI Service
- Book Bank Section
- Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC)
- Internet Facility
- Xerox Facility
- Multimedia Facility
- E-journal Package
- Library automation
- Internet band width/speed 6 mbps