“?????? ????? ??????? ?? ?????????? ?? ????? ??????? ?? | ” - ???????????? ???
Hindi is our Mother Language and is the Language of the Nation. In the context of grammar it is in fact the richest language of the world. Hindi Department is one of the oldest departments of this College. It was established with the founding of the College in 1918. Since then Prof Satyadev, Dr. Bedi Ram, Dr. Brahmdatt, Dr. M.L.Sharma, Dr. Madhu, Dr. Ram Avtar have contributed significantly in enriching the Department. Presently under the warm and intellectual leadership of Dr. K.L.Saini, this Department is teaching the beauty of Hindi language and striving for excellence in linguistics.
The Department started Under-Graduate courses in Hindi in 1918 and Post-Graduate courses in 1956.It is genuinely proud of its alumni- Masiah of Plays Mohan Rakesh, renowned literary jewel UpendraNath ‘Ashk’, RavinderKalia, Director, Jananpith and Editor of NayaGianUdayPatrika and great writers and educationists like Dr. IndernathMadan, Dr. Dharam Pal Maini, Dr. Ramesh KuntalMegh, Dr. Ganga Parsad‘Vimal’ and innumerous others. Dr. Ramesh KuntalMegh is presently Head of Hindi Department in GNDU, Amritsar and Dr. Ganga Parsad‘Vimal’ is Head of School of Asian Languages in JNU, New Delhi.
Post-Graduation: M.A. in Hindi (Duration: 4 Semesters)
Under-Graduation: Hindi as an optional subject
- Dr. (Mrs.) Usha Uppal M.A., M.Phil, Ph.D., D.Litt. Head
- Dr. Sandeepna Sharma, M.A., M.Phil, Ph.D.
- Dr. Balwinder Singh M.A., Ph.D.
Distinctions of the Department:
- Research oriented, highly qualified, committed and dedicated faculty possessing Post-Doctoral degree (D.Lit.) and number of research publications to their credit.
- ‘Munshi Prem Chand Hindi Sahitya Parishad’ regularly organizes Conferences, Seminars, Extension Lectures & Educational Tours to develop holistic educational skills among the students.
- Actively involved in promoting Hindi as National Language.
Seminars / Conferences / Workshops organized:
Three Day UGC sponsored National Conference was organized on ‘Samkaleen Hindi Sahityake Pratiman ’from March 2-4, 2012. Renowned Hindi scholars Sh. Pankaj Bisht (Delhi), Dr. Jai Prakash Sharma (Chandigarh), Dr. David Teja (Gurdaspur), Dr. Rakesh Kumar (Ludhiana), Dr. VinodShahi (Jalandhar), Dr. Jatinder Shrivastav (Delhi), Dr. Mritunjya Upadhaya (Jharkhand), Dr.Sanjay Chauhan (Amritsar), Dr. Suraj Palival (Vardha), Dr. Rajinder Toki (Khanna), Dr. Tarsam Gujral (Jalandhar), Dr. Darmpal Maini (Gurgaon), Dr. Radasham Sharma (Panchkula) etc participated and read their research papers.