Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science
DAV College, Jalandhar, India
- Natural Language Processing
- Web Technologies
- Programming Languages
- Management Systems
- Enrolled in Ph.D. in Computer Science from Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar, under the esteemed supervision of Dr. R.P.S. Bedi, Joint Registrar, Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar and Dr. Vishal Goyal , Assistant Professor in Department of Computer Science, Punjabi University, patiala.
Title: Development of a Software for Plagiarism detection in Punjabi text documents.
- M.I.T with 77% from Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
- B.Sc. Economics. with 64% marks from Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
- PGDACIS (Three years Post Graduate Diploma in Advanced Computer Information Systems) from ISCT, a branch of IIS InfoTech Ltd.
Work Experience (Teaching/Research/Industry)
- 9 year at D.A.V. College, Jalandhar (Current Status)
- 2 years at Lyallpur Khalsa College, Jalandhar. (July 2002- Jun 2004)
Software Industry Experience
- 6 Months Industrial internship at Glide Internet Services, Chandigarh
Besides regular teaching to Post Graduate and Graduate classes, I hold the following positions –
- Incharge, Internet facilities at College.
- Incharge, Software Development Cell at D.A.V. College, Jalandhar.
- Member College Time Table committee at D.A.V. College, Jalandhar for last 9 years.
- Member of various purchase committees of the college.
As Incharge of Software development cell, I have developed/supervised the following in-house softwares for the college –
- Software for Time Table Management
- Software for Examination Duties Management
- Software for College Placement Cell
- College Web Portal
- Software for O.P.D. Management for D.A.V. Physiotherapy and rehabilitation center, Jalandhar
- Distributed Cluster based MANets (Proceedings of ITWiNS 2004, TIET-. Patiala, December 18-19, 2004)
- IPV6 the future of internet (Proceedings of National Conference on Networks and Distributed Systems, OSMANIA University, Hydrabad, 25-26 february, 2005)
- Streaming media the future of communications (National Conference on Networks and Distributed Systems, OSMANIA University, Hydrabad, 25-26 february, 2005)
- Attended UGC Sponsored National Workshop on Multilingual technologies at Punjabi University, Patiala (11-17 November, 2013)
- Attended National Seminar on Linguistics and Language Technology organised by Linguistics Data Consortium for Indian Languages CIIL, Mysore at Guru Nanak Dev University Regional Campus (6,7 March, 2013)
- Attended National Workshop on Computer Networks and Computing Technologies at APEEJAY College of Fine Arts , Jalandhar (22-28 December, 2011)
- Attended ILCL (Phase II) National Workshop on Indian Languages Corpora Initiative, Punjabi University, Patiala (18th-20th April 2013 )
- Attended International Conference on Information Systems for Indian Languages at Punjabi University, Patiala (9,10,11 March, 2011)
- Attended DBT, DST, UGC & CSIR sponsored International Colloquium on Biotechnology at D.A.V. College, Jalandhar (27-28 November, 2009)
- Attended General Orientation Course at Academic Staff College, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar (18-09-2009 to 15-10-2009)